470 Center St., Building 8
Chardon, Ohio 44024
 
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Hours subject to change.

Closed for lunch from 12:00pm to 1:00pm

 Masks are required by all visitors.

440-279-1900

 
         Open for business by appointment. 

 
Important COVID-19 Information

The following information is current as of March 1, 2021.


We have vaccine and are working with community partners to call individuals on the registration list who are eligible. We are currently focusing on the population 65 and older. We have four full clinics scheduled for this week. Please DO NOT CALL Geauga Public Health for an appointment at this time. 

45% of all Geauga County residents who are 65 or older have been vaccinated. We are focused on the other 55%. Next week, eligibility will extend to 60+, several additional medical conditions, and several professions, including law enforcement.

We are working on a scheduling tool that is expected to be ready soon. Until that tool is ready, we will be using our pre-registration contact list to call eligible people to schedule an appointment. Please share your contact information with us using the tool found at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GPHCOVID19VaccineThis tool is NOT a reservation or a guarantee of an appointment.


In partnership with G-TV, we have started a weekly Local Public Health video update. 

February 5: Season 1, Episode 1: https://vimeo.com/508988758

February 12: Season 1, Episode 2: https://vimeo.com/511730327

February 19: Season 1, Episode 3: https://vimeo.com/514445430

February 26: Season 1, Episode 4: https://vimeo.com/517224946


STATE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA BEGINNING MARCH 4:

  • Residents who live in group quarters (group homes, etc.) and staff who provide routine direct care of those individuals
  • EMS
  • Healthcare providers if they provide direct care to people known to have COVID (That is, COVID patients are not rescheduled)
  • People involved in the administration of COVID vaccines
  • Childcare service professionals (daycare, preschool, etc.)
  • Funeral Service Professionals
  • Law Enforcement (active duty, 20+ hours/week, non-reserve), including Parole Officers, and Firefighters
  • Residents 60+ years of age
  • Residents with a developmental or intellectual disability
  • Employees of K-12 schools
  • Ohioans with: 

Sickle cell anemia

Down syndrome

Cystic fibrosis

Muscular dystrophy

Cerebral palsy

Spina bifida

Severe heart defects requiring regular specialized medical care

Type 1 diabetes

Phenylketonuria (PKU)

Tay-Sachs

Epilepsy with continuing seizures

Hydrocephaly, microcephaly, and other severe neurological disorders

Turner syndrome

Fragile X syndrome

Prader-Willi syndrome, and other severe genetic disorders

Severe asthma who have been hospitalized for this in the past year

Alpha and beta thalassemia

Solid organ transplant candidates and recipients

ALS

Bone Marrow Recipients

Pregnant women

      •  

Please consider trying one of the other vaccine providers listed below.

Discount Drug Mart Inc. 12575 Cillicothe Rd., Chesterland, OH 44026 / 844-625-0843

Giant Eagle Pharmacy, 12692 Chillicothe Rd. Chesterland, OH 44026 / 440-729-5457

Giant Eagle Pharmacy, 8515 Tanglewood Square, Chagrin Falls, OH 44023 / 440-708-1277

Giant Eagle Pharmacy, 351 Center Street, Chardon, OH 44024 / 440-286-8680

Giant Eagle Pharmacy, 15400 West High St., Middlefield, OH 44062 / 440-632-5587

Rite Aid Store, 501 Water Street, Chardon, OH 44024 / 440-286-4167

Rite Aid Store, 15596 West High Street, Middlefield, OH 44062 / 440-632-5201

 


TO READ THE NATIONAL COVID-19 RESPONSE PLAN, CLICK HERE.

CHINESE, ARABIC, GERMAN, FRENCH, CREOLE, KINYARWANDA, MARSHALLESE, NEPALI, RUSSIAN, SPANISH, SWAHILI, TIGRINYA & TURKISH translations of the distribution information can be found at https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/covid-19-vaccination-program.
 



Geauga Public Health offices are open for business by appointment only. There are self-serve forms and a locked drop box available in the lobby at 470 Center Street, Building 8 to leave materials that do not require an appointment.

To schedule an appointment to pick up a permit, contact Environmental Health at 440-279-1914 x0. To request copies of property records, please e-mail info@geaugacountyhealth.org.

For an appointment to obtain a birth or death certificate, call Vital Statistics at 440-279-1902. To order birth or death certificates on-line, please click here. Masks are required by all visitors.

For cribs, car seats and naloxone, please call Population Health at 440-279-1950 to schedule a pick-up time with our staff members.

Top News/Alerts - Click for more information
Click HERE to see all News and Alerts.
Satisfaction Survey
Have you used our Services? Tell us about your experience!